Maersk Line Sri Lanka is looking for a Senior Executive- Operations, who will be reporting to the Regional Head of Operations-Sri Lanka. The incumbent will be responsible for all terminal, depots, landside and equipment operations and management of processes, implementation and will also be accountable for all inland and terminal cost controls.
- Responsible for daily intermodal, Equipment,
Inland Container Terminal execution and supporting operations design of network.
- Continuously delivering cost leadership and reliability to the company.
- Responsible for coordinating schedule reliability, vessel cut offs to maximise cargo uptake.
- Managing connection of cargo to destined service, avoiding/ managing service failures & minimising claims & liability, with special focus on key clients.
- Responsible for maintaining requisite empty inventory at responsible locations to maximise exports & work in tandem with cross functions to increase equipment match back, reduce positioning cost.
- Achieve the budgeted volumes with minimising cost of operations.
- Responsible for monitoring & reducing our operations spent (Including Inland and terminal)
- Responsible for driving triangulation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipment does not stay as longstanding or out of service.
- Responsible for effective procurement of quality services at best of bench mark price.
- Within realms of regulations in force keep track of competition services & coordinate to develop better product.
- Establishing good relationships with truck operators, internal & external stake holders, active contribution by learning from best practices
- Work dosely with cross functions & external stake holders to proactively solve operational challenges & deliver what we have promised to the customer.
- Responsible to ensure adherence to all defined operations processes at all responsible locations & to comply with regulations in place.
- Carrying out process audits to verify integrity of processes & implement improvements to avoid any loss of revenue or reduce cost.
- Responsible for negotiating and appointing operations related vendors with close coordination of the Reporting Manager.
- Responsible for management & assessment of vendor as per agreed SLAs.
- Manage outsourced vessel husbandry tasks as per agreed deliverables with Liner Operations Cluster
- Inland equipment management, managing stock targets and land to port distribution
- On site crisis management on behalf of Liner Operations Cluster
- Maintain relationship with local regulatory bodies such as Customs, Sri Lanka Ports Authority, VSA Partners, Feeder Operators, CASA and other industry bodies
- Support and drive cluster operations initiatives
- Managing inland operations and administrative responsibilities of terminal operations teams, who functionally act on behalf of the Liner Operations Cluster Managing health, safety, security and operations related regulatory policies